Services related to Visa Application

Work Visa and Certificate of Eligibility

If you intend to work in Japan, you will need to obtain the appropriate visa from a Japanese diplomatic office in your country. Depending on the type of work, the time needed to obtain a visa varies from a few days to in some cases a few months. To shorten the time and to simplify the procedure, you can apply for a "Certificate of Eligibility" first.
Shinonome provides services related to obtaining a "Certificate of Eligibility", from preparing documents to filing your application.

Procedure A:
Begin by applying for a Japanese visa. Can be time-consuming and complicated.

Procedure B:
Begin by applying for a "Certificate of Eligibility". Much less complicated.

Ordinary Steps to Acquiring a Visa

Case Study:
A Japanese branch of a foreign corporation employs a foreign national

If the applicant belongs to a group company or a related company of the foreign corporation, his/her status is categorized as an "intra-company transferee".

Requirement for Acquiring a Certificate of Eligibility as an "intra-office transferee"
  1. You must belong to a foreign organization, a public institution or private company, which has its headquarters or branches in Japan.
  2. You must be transferred to work at a branch in Japan for a certain period of time, and the type of your work must be either "engineering" or "international service".
  3. Right before the transfer, you had to be engaged consecutively for longer than one year in either "engineering" or "international service" at the organization.
  4. At the branch in Japan, your pay must be the same as or more than that of Japanese employees.
Documents Required

Merit of Asking Shinonome

Depends on the type of eligibility, the Immigration Bureau requests the submission of various additional documents besides the regular documents. In such cases, both you and your employer need to prepare the required documents. Some of the documents do not have any fixed form and some are rather complicated.
Let us help you with making the documents. By asking us, you won't have to worry about your application documents are acceptable to the Immigration Bureau. Take advantage of our professional services to obtain Certificate of Eligibility and a Japanese visa.

If you are trying to employ a foreign national, ask Shinonome.

  • We prepare all necessary and complicated documents for employing foreign nationals.
  • We prepare legal documents such as registration related documents and business plans.
  • We communicate in English. (Document translation is also available)
  • We take care of visa related procedures such as renewal, change and re-entry.

If you are trying to work in Japan, ask Shinonome.

  • We shorten the time for you to acquire a Certificate of Eligibility.
  • We communicate with you in English. (Document translation is also available.)
  • We take care of visa related procedures such as renewal, change and re-entry.