Translation Services

Translation of Public and Private Documents

Shinonome provides translation services for public and private legal documents and contracts necessary for business transactions, visa applications, procedures related to real estate and more between Japanese and English.

The translation of legal writing requires an understanding of legal terminology and concepts that can sometimes be difficult to understand. At Shinonome, legal translations are handled by our team of legal professionals experienced in international business dealings and legal matters.

We can translate documents and certificates such as the following:

  • Financial statements such as Balance Sheets, Income Statements and Cash Flow Statements
  • Documents related to annual stockholder meetings including Notice to Convene, reference documents and business reports
  • Minutes from annual stockholder meetings and board meetings
  • Family registers
  • Resident cards
  • Alien registration certification of registration matters
  • Commercial registrations
  • Business plans
  • Registered title deeds
  • Real estate registrations
  • Affidavits
  • Employment agreements
  • Articles of Incorporation
  • Office regulations
  • Company profiles
  • Resumes
  • Certificates of Legal Capacity of Contract Marriage
  • Various contracts
  • Letters and other papers

The translation of documents and papers other than those listed above may be available depending on the contents. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail or phone. Our rates for translation vary depending on the volume and contents.

Certification of Translated Document

A certified copy of registration is a public document, but once translated into another language, it becomes a private document that needs to be certified by notary public. For certification, it is necessary to submit a written declaration, stating that the document has been correctly translated, and the original document with the translation. This certification, called “Certification of Translated Document”, is necessary when an alien resident in Japan submits a private document, such as an official document or a contract issued in Japan, to his/her own country.

Shinonome provides complete document translation services including acquiring a "Certification of Translated Document" as required. If you need to have your documents certified, please do not hesitate to ask.