Procedures for Real Estate Inheritance

What we do for you

Shinonome can provide the following support services.

  1. Determining the applicable jurisdiction (which country's law applies).
  2. Determining whether or not documents issued abroad are legally acceptable for registration procedures in Japan.
  3. Searching for heir(s) living overseas.
  4. Translating documents required for inheritance registration into English.
  5. Preparing drafts of documents for notarization.

A notarized affidavit and other documents will be requested if the heir can not be identified by documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates or death certificates.

Required Documents for Inheritance Registration
(in the case of a Legacy Division Conference)

  Prepared by the Client Prepared by Shinonome
If ancestor is a foreigner Death certificate
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
If heir is a foreigner Signature certificate
Document certifying address (government issued document or affidavit)
Fixed asset evaluation certificate
Legacy Division Conference document (affidavit)

Documents prepared by the Client

  1. Certificate of registration matters
  2. Affidavit
  3. Signature certificate